History

Freeman Catholic College was established to serve the Parishes of John the Baptist (Bonnyrigg Heights), Our Lady of Mount Carmel (Mt Pritchard), Mary Immaculate (Bossley Park), and Our Lady of Victories (Horsley Park).

Fr. John Langtry, the founding Parish Priest of Bonnyrigg Heights, was the motivational force behind the new school.

It was Fr. John who suggested to Cardinal Freeman that the new College be named in his honour. Cardinal Freeman agreed and he officially opened stage 1 on 30th June, 1985. The new school began in 6 demountable classrooms with 105 students and 9 teachers.

Today the school is a well resourced College with modern facilities catering for the needs of 1300 students and a teaching and support staff of 114.


School grounds 1994.